- Scientific research confirms that exercise is one of the most important factors in determining life expectancy.
- Studies show that no group in our population benefits more from exercise than seniors.
- Lack of physical activity and poor diet are the second largest underlying cause of death in the US.
- Exercise improves mood and relieves depression.
- Regular exercise can help prevent or delay certain diseases, including cancer, heart disease, and diabetes.
- Physical activity reduces the incidence of constipation.
- All seniors should consult with their physician prior to undertaking new activities. Call your doctor and stop exercising if you exhibit any of the following: Chest pain, or pressure, trouble breathing or excessive shortness of breath, difficulty with balance.
Given the beneficial nature of exercise, we recommend a series of exercises that most seniors can handle.